Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Spot of Fun!


Pelikan 140, arrived yesterday

Today, I packaged two fountain pens to go to a nibmeister, one who fixes fountain pen nibs, and I got bored. So, I decided to decorate the packaging with purple and orange ink. The Pelikan 140 had Private Reserve Tanzanite, a purple, and my everyday pen, the Pelikan m250, was filled with J. Herbin Orange Indien. I am so glad I decided to try out the Tanzanite, it shades wonderfully and is dark enough to use in everyday situations. It is slowly becoming an ink I will have to restock on.

Some panels turned out well, others not so much. Either way I had fun and killed a couple of hours while talking to my sister, Julie. So, check it out:








Pelikan 140 detail shot

2 comments:

Alan said...

Cute decorations! A fountain pen looks like a lot of fun (I'll pass as I'm lefthanded).

The Eccentric Orange Gentleman said...

Thank you Alan. Many lefties use fountain pens. Read this for some info: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101588&hl=left+handers.