Thursday, October 15, 2009

Have Fun in Fall With Tartan Odd Trousers


I'm a big fan of having fun with your clothing. I like to throw in one or two articles just for me. Mine are usually bright, whimsical, or symbolic. In Fall, the easiest way to do this is with tartan odd trousers. I caught so much hell for this when I was still an undergrad. The ladies respected it though and I usually got noticed more than my friend.

Back to business; tartan is really nice for the colder times of the year. Why? Well, it's usually made from a warmer fabric, wool, tweed, flannel. I usually wear mine with solid odd jackets and thick striped shirts.

I'm currently working on a pair for myself. It is going to be made-to-measure with a high waist and fishtail back. I've got a few ideas and about how I'm going to wear it. I just need to decide the pattern.



It is safe to say it wont be any of these.

Photo Credit: An old Brooks Brothers catalog,

0 comments: