Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Cheapest Tie Bar You'll Ever Own!!!

I'm a big fan of accessories boy does it get crazy waiting for boxes of swag from the evil bay. I'm on the search for the next animal cufflinks to add to my collection. Even though, I always find it necessary to have back-ups and cheap alternatives.

You never know what will happen or if you will be able to find something. So, it is good to be prepared. Tie bars are essentially one of the easiest things to find a replacement for. Paper clips of medium and large sizes works best and they can be thrown away or misplaced with no worry. As common as they are they still look simple, elegant, and interesting. Just make sure you don't get too cocky about this when you out dress the metro-guy from accounting who spent a fortune on his monogrammed, custom, white gold tie bar. By the way, you can lie to him and tell him it's sterling or really tick him off by admitting you picked up from the supply closet as you strolled in this morning.

Signed The Eccentric Orange Gentleman

2 comments:

Gregorius Mercator said...

I remember reading somewhere that someone forgot his studs and links when on a trip, so he stopped at a hardware store and picked up a few bolts and washers to use instead. Several people asked, and I think he joked that they were from some designer like Gucci. Apparently, someone even asked if he could buy the set from him.

I think it just goes to show that confidence and resourcefulness go far in style.

The Eccentric Orange Gentleman said...

I did that on a job interview for an internship during my college years. I've heard the same story and found it quite resourceful. It is always a great idea to have back-ups you never know what might happen. Take it from the Mad Men and have spares.