Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Brain Pocket: An artisanal notebook






Brain Pocket is a leather covered notebook. The leather is of a premium quality and tough. I choose a very light, buttery cream colored one. I also chose a sheriff's star metal button to tie the notebook shut with. It is a very well made product. I planned on using it to track my paper portfolio for a stock market game I play online. I also was going to try out strategies with this too.

I chose to get the lined paper and blank paper. I really like that this notebook is made by hand and then the filler papers are inserted. Everything else is crafted by hand. The leather is worked and tanned by hand and the accessories are chosen by the customer.

The notebook is about 4 by 8 and is really long. This model is intended to be carry under one's arm or placed inside a jacket's pocket. I keep it on my desk.

Verdict: Mixed recommendation, for some it is great to have a notebook with two books. For others, the size is a problem and the price, $70, is just too much. For me, I don't think this is the kind of product you repurchase; you simply buy refills for the cover and replace it. There is one thing though; it draws stares and questions when friends come over.

1 comments:

toku said...

Thank you for introducing "Brain Pocket".