Monday, March 1, 2010

3 Days to Greatness!

3 days until the blog turns a year. This post should crack the 90th post barrier.

Let me expound on how this next year is going to be. I definitely plan on doing more essays, more funny stories, more philosophical sartorial pieces, more diversity in post topics, more eccentric details, more product review, more advice, more questions answered, and more greatness.

This past year I accomplished a few things:
  1. Graduated with a BBA in Finance
  2. Started an adult relationship with a young lady
  3. Opened my first checking non-student checking account
  4. Saved more than I planned, even without adhering to my usually strict budget
  5. Planned my first conference
  6. Opened my own trading account, no more trading around with Mom's
Changes that occurred in 2009:
  • I became the head of my family due to my father's death
  • Inherited a small sum of money, its in the 5 figure range
  • Became an assistant manager
Things to look forward to in 2010
  • A new career with a new company, my dream job is with AT&T if only AT&T can quickly get back to me before I have a heart attack from the suspense
  • A stronger and deeper relationship with my woman
  • Prospectively being a full-time manager with a better salary, hourly wages suck
  • More Trading
  • Bigger Savings Account
  • Paying off student loans, mine aren't too bad
  • Better Work/Life Balance, my work hours suck
  • New car
  • 1st MTM suit, I've dabbled with pieces here and there but not a full on suit.
  • MTM and Bespoke shirting and shoes, I do save for a reason because me like nice stuff
Goals for 2010
  • Remember my father
  • Pay off student loans
  • Pay off my car
  • Sign a lease to a high-rise apartment in midtown ATL
  • Gain wisdom
  • Visit my grandparents in Africa and meet my extended family members for the first time
  • Continue building my shoe wardrobe, I'm up to 5 pairs
  • Begin Building a Professional Wardrobe, even though my work place doesn't require it I eventually plan on getting into a position that will require business dress
  • Find a full time entry-level job with nice benefits and an excellent training program
  • Network more, I'm now the biggest fan of nepotism since going at it alone is proving impossible
  • Calligraphy Practice
  • Getting Ripped again
  • Furthering my sartorial knowledge
  • Building Deeper relationships with my friends, family, and community
  • Lay the groundwork for wealth building in my family
  • Create a foundation for my prospective family
  • Thanking anyone who has helped me get to a good start in building my life
  • Lastly, thanking my woman for lending me her ear and supporting me even when I'm feeling down
Yeah I know that is plenty of stuff. Well I told you all I like lists and categories. After all how does a mathematical mind work. So, that is me for the next year of my life. Let's pray for blessings!

0 comments: