My three most versatile ties. Save the red one, they can be worn with everything I own. The entire rainbow and hues in between can be worn with the blue Churchill dot ties. Only a few colors don't work with the red spotted tie. For example, yellow and purple are horrible with it.
How to pull it off:
- Get dressed except for your tie.
- Throw on one of the Churchill patterned ties.
- Get in front of a mirror and make sure the combination of shirt, tie, and jacket harmonize.
- Check to see that you don't clash with your skin tone.
- Finally, smile, this is the easiest type of tie to wear.
Where to get them from:
- Bowties.com: R. Hanauer makes them in a variety of colors by hand in the US.
- Drakes of London: Drakes of London is an English tie and pocket square maker; they specialize in formal patterns like this one. Everything is handmade in England from some of the best silks.
- Thrift shops or Second hand stores: This pattern in those two colors is one of the easiest patterns to find, thanks to Winston Churchill.
- Ebay under $25 but typically $3 - $5.
- Bowties.com between $45 - $65
- Drakes of London $120 + shipping from London.
- Thrift/ Second Hand stores between $0.25 - $5.
My ties (starting from the left):
- Navy Churchill patterned Chaps tie: $6 Burlington Coat Factory
- Navy Churchill patterned R. Hanauer bowtie: $50 made to order by R. Hanauer all it took was a 5 minute call.
- Red Churchill patterned Vintage ??? tie: $7 purchased in a lot of 6 bowties on ebay for $42 shipped.
*Note: I love charts, bullet points, graphs, and all sorts of mathematical visuals. I plan on including them as much as possible.